From Muscat: Day Trip to Jebel Shams, Oman's Grand Canyon4 Reviews
Explore Nizwa by strolling through the souqs and ancient forts. Enjoy photo stops at Al Hamra and Misfat Al Brein en-route to the Jebel Shams and marvel at the highest peaks in the area. End the tour with an outside photo stop at the Sultan Qaboos Mosque.
- Explore the ancient city of Nizwa and delve into its rich history
- Witness the sprawling valleys and lofty mountains during the drive
- Visit Al Hamra and gaze at a 300-year-old human settlement
- Admire the marvelous architecture of the Sultan Qaboos Mosque with an outside photo stop
DescriptionBegin your tour with 8:00 AM pickup from your accommodation in Muscat, then head to Nizwa, the birthplace of Islam and former capital of the Sultanate of Oman. Once there, enjoy the rich history of Oman dating back to the 17th century in a city packed with forts, historical edifices, and date plantations. Gaze at elaborate khanjars, or hand-carved daggers, and masterfully-crafted silver jewelry in Round Tower Fort, one of the city’s most famous fortifications. Later, you will be directed to Jebel Shams. On the way there, make stops to capture the best pictures at Al Hamra, a 300-year-old town located close to a flourishing oasis, and Misfat Al Brein, a 13th-century village located at the border of the canyon. Stroll through the mountain roads to arrive at Jebel Shams and stare in awe at the majestic peaks of the range that extend almost 3000 meters (9840 feet) up toward the clouds. As the trip comes to an end, enjoy a ride back to Muscat passing through the fascinating Muscat embassy quarter. Stop outside the charming Sultan Qaboos Mosque and admire and take photos of the magnificently beautiful Islamic architecture. The tour concludes with drop-off back to your hotel in Muscat.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from Muscat hotels or the Port (depending on option booked) English-speaking driver/guide Transportation by 4WD vehicle Lunch Mineral water Sightseeing entrance fees Gratuities Personal expenses
- Tour duration may vary depending on city traffic
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Worry-free policy: Guaranteed to return on-time
- This is a moderate activity that includes some short walks
- Pickup and drop-off at cruise port Muscat are available if option booked
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability