From Muscat: Nakhal Fort Day Trip
Visit the Nakhal Fort, an imposing structure dating back to the pre-Islamic period. Explore the town and surroundings of Rustaq, the former capital of Oman.
- Explore some of the most important historical sites in Oman
- Tour an ancient fort
- Visit beautiful hot springs
DescriptionGet picked up from your accommodation in Muscat and drive along the magnificent Batinah coastline to Barka before heading south to reach the Oasis of Nakhal. Catch your first sight of the Nakhal Fort, which lies in a group of mountain foothills near an abundant source of water used to irrigate extensive date palm plantations. Visit the Nakhal Fort, built originally by the Sassanids during pre-Islamic times to defend against invading Arab tribes. Tour the present-day fort, which was reconstructed in the 17th century. Then head to Al Thowarah Hot Springs just a few kilometers from Nakhal Fort. Finally, visit another pre-Islamic fort in Rustaq, the former capital of Oman during medieval times. Get dropped off back at your accommodation in Muscat.
IncludesEntrance fees Fuel surcharge Local taxes National Park fees Bottled water Admission ticket Driver/guide Private tour Transport by private vehicle Gratuities (recommended) Lunch Extra supplement for Nizwa Fort: 15 USD per person
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or who use a wheelchair
- On Friday the fort closes at 11:00 AM so it is not always possible to tour the inside in case of a Friday trip .
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability