My Guide Website?
Hajar Mountains: Private Day Trip from Muscat19 Reviews
Drive through the Hajar mountains to the township of Nizwa to see Nizwa fort. Visit the traditional souq, Wadi Ghul, Jebel Shams, the village of Misfah perched on the side of a mountain, and the region of Al Hamra.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Oman:If youʻre booking your trip to Oman last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Muscat: Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
- From Khasab: Fjords of Musandam Dhow Cruise & Buffet Lunch
- Khasab: Dolphin Watching Day Tour with Snorkeling & Lunch
- Salalah: Full-Day Dhofar Tour with Lunch
- Muscat Half-Day City Tour with Audio Guiding
- Travel through the Hajar mountains and see Nizwa fort
- Visit the traditional souq and Wadi Ghul
- Explore Jebel Shams, the village of Misfah, and the Al Hamra region
DescriptionBegin your tour driving through the Hajar Mountains to the township of Nizwa, which is the ancient capital of Oman. Visit Nizwa Fort and the traditional Souk. Next, travel through the deep Wadi Ghul and arrive at Jebel Shams, Mountain of the Sun, which is the undisputed lord of the mountains. Jebel Shams is the highest peak of the Jebel Al Akhdar mountain range, soaring 3,000 meters above sea level. This is the Grand Canyon of Oman and provides spectacular scenery, ancient rock carvings, and remote villages. Continue your tour to the beautiful old village of Misfah, perched on the side of a mountain where narrow ancient stone pathways lead you into the valley below. Have lunch at a restaurant where you can savor local delicacies at the top of the mountain. Afterward, explore the ancient labyrinth of the region of Al Hamra before your return trip to Muscat.
IncludesTransportation in a 4x4 vehicle Driver guide Entrance fees Lunch with soft drinks
- Please note that photographing local ladies is not permitted and please ask for permission before photographing any other residents
- The schedule is likely to change during the Holy Month of Ramadan