Muscat: City Tour of Grand Mosque, Old Souqs, Museum, & Fort5 Reviews
Discover the fascinating history of Muscat on this half-day city tour. Travel to Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque and Muttrah. Marvel at the alluring beauty of Al Jalali and Al-Mirani, the famous Portuguese forts.
- Relax in the tranquility of Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque
- Enjoy a photo stop at the Portuguese forts of Al Jalali and Al-Mirani
- Take a walk along souk Muttrah to see attractive merchant houses
- Learn about Omani culture at the Bait Al Zubair Museum
DescriptionAfter pickup from your hotel, start your half-day tour of Oman’s charming capital. Drive through the embassy quarter to the stunning Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. Admire the architectural beauty of its sandstone domes, minarets, and courtyards, and visit the main prayer hall. Continue the journey with a visit to Souq Muttrah, a traditional and old-fashioned Arab market place promoting Oman’s cultural heritage. Visit the waterside fish market and stroll along the corniche to see the elegant merchant houses. Then, head to the Main Souq, filled with perfume shops and clothes stalls — the perfect place to find souvenirs. Enjoy a photo-stop in front of the Twin Portuguese Forts, Al Jalali and Al-Mirani. Then visit the beautifully designed Al Alam Palace for a photo stop. This is the official palace of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos. Your final stop is at Bait Al Zubair Museum, to learn about Omani culture before you return to your hotel.
IncludesHalf-day city tour Hotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle English-speaking guide. Bottled water Lunch Additional drinks
- A copy of your current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Long sleeves and long trousers or skirts are required for both men and women. For women, a headscarf is mandatory. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with the dress code requirements • Photography and videography are prohibited inside the Bait Al Zubair Museum.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY