My Guide Website?
Muscat: Full-Day Nizwa Tour with Audio Guiding107 Reviews
Explore the ancient city of Nizwa full of natural beauty, interesting culture, and rich history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Oman:If youʻre booking your trip to Oman last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Oman's most significant forts and castles
- Immerse yourself in the local culture of this ancient city
- Discover Bahla, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy GPS enabled multilingual audio commentary on the sights you pass
DescriptionGet picked up from your hotel and head to the Shatti Al-Qurum hotel where the tour begins. Your driver will show you how to use the audio guide system to benefit the GPS enabled commentary (available in five languages) that follows the tour. Travel towards to Nizwa, Oman’s cultural capital and home to some of its most significant structures. Along the way, stop at a charming ancestral village called Birka Al Mawz, which sits at the base of Jebel Akhdar (Green Mountain). In Nizwa, admire the central fort and its giant cannon tower; walk through the traditional souq (market); and, of course, enjoy a local restaurant for lunch. After lunch, visit the unique Jabreen Castle, built in the 17th century. It has magnificent plasterwork, carved doors, and painted wooden beams. You'll also see Jebel Shams—one of the most famous mountains in Oman—and one of the oldest towns in the region, Oman Bahla, before heading back to your hotel.
IncludesTransportation Audio guide Driver Lunch including water, tea, and coffee Entrance fees to Jabreen Fort
- Smoking is prohibited in all vehicles
- Before photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission
- Photographing local ladies is not permitted
- Schedules are likely to change during the Holy Month of Ramadan
- Meals are based on food-only basis, any beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic) will be charged per consumption and to be paid directly at the restaurant
- Ladies visiting the mosque are required to cover their head with a scarf and must not wear shorts, beachwear, or sleeveless outfits (women are to be fully covered)
- Men visiting the mosque must wear long trousers
- Children under the age of 12 receive a 30% discount
- Languages: audio guide in Spanish, French, German, Italian, English