My Guide Website?
Muscat: Nizwa Oasis Full Day Tour with Lunch1 Reviews
Explore the pristine buildings and forts of Nizwa on this full day tour. Admire the ancient interiors of this fascinating location, and discover its rich history and diverse cultural heritage.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Oman:If youʻre booking your trip to Oman last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the historical sights of Nizwa city
- Visit the Nizwa Fort and stroll along the souk
- Enjoy a mesmerizing photo-stop at Bahla, home to the oldest forts of Oman
- Behold the spectacular interior of Jabrin Fort
DescriptionThe tour begins with pickup from your hotel or port in Muscat and travels to the enchanting ancient city of Nizwa. Upon arrival, explore the sights of the city’s historic fortifications, noted for numerous mosques and old buildings. Learn about the fascinating history of Nizwa from your experienced guide, as you drive towards one of the city’s most iconic landmarks, the fort. Explore the fort with your guide, then proceed to the Nizwa souk, embellished with silver jewelry, antiques and traditionally carved daggers. Afterwards, head to Bahla, a UNESCO World Heritage listed town which is home to some of the oldest fortresses in the country. Enjoy a photo-stop here amongst a backdrop of pottery craftsmen and clay forts. Finally, head to the Jabrin Fort, that has stood since 1675, and admire its stunning interior architecture before heading back to Muscat.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from hotel or port, Muscat Lunch, including water and soft drinks English-speaking guide/driver Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Entrance fees Bottled water
- Please note that the forts are only open until 11:00 on Friday, so it may not be possible to visit Jabrin Fort on this day of the week
- There is a cattle auction every Friday morning in Nizwa (except during the hot summer months, on public holidays and during Ramadan)
- Please dress modestly and in line with the Islamic dress code. Keep your chest, shoulders and legs (from the knees up) covered
- Tour duration may vary depending on city traffic
- This is a moderate activity that includes some short walks
- Pick up and drop off at cruise port Muscat is available