Best Desert Campsites in Al Wasil
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Oman team
Camping in the Omani desert is to experience true and timeless Arabia. Some campsites offer very basic facilities while others will provide air-conditioned tents, showers and hot cooked food.
The point of the experience though is really to view the starry night sky without any light pollution from surrounding cities and relax in the peace and calm without any modern disturbances. However, desert dwelling lends itself to a variety of sand sports which are anything but peaceful and calm! Sand boarding/surfing and dune bashing are perfect for the adrenaline seeker. Sunsets and sunrises are extremely photogenic so don’t forget your camera.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Oman:If youʻre booking your trip to Oman last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Muscat: Wadi Shab and Bimah Sinkhole Tour with Audio Guide
- Muscat: Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
- From Muscat: Wadi Shab & Bimmah Sinkhole Full-Day Tour
- Salalah: Full-Day Dhofar Tour with Lunch
- Khasab: Khor Sham Half-Day Cruise with Snorkeling & Dolphins