Best Traditional Souks in Muttrah
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Oman team
The Arabic word souq translates in English to market. Souqs are found in every major Omani town and are more than just a place to buy goods; souqs are important meeting points in communities, essential for trading information and getting the gossip.
The sensory experience of the hustle and bustle of an Omani souq is top of the list of things to do while in Oman and the perfect place to pick up gifts and souvenirs. Everything from spices, perfume, halwa, textiles or electronic goods are sold from traders whose livelihood depends on your custom. Get in there and prepare to haggle!
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Oman:If youʻre booking your trip to Oman last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Muscat: Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
- From Khasab: Fjords of Musandam Dhow Cruise & Buffet Lunch
- Khasab: Dolphin Watching Day Tour with Snorkeling & Lunch
- Salalah: Full-Day Dhofar Tour with Lunch
- Muscat Half-Day City Tour with Audio Guiding