Best Museums in Salalah
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Oman team
Oman’s 5,000 year old history is well represented in Oman’s museums (found mostly around Muscat City) with everything from natural history, military history, maritime history, Islam, forts, stamps, currency, national dress, photography and science.
A planetarium forms part of the Oil and Gas exhibition in Qurum which organises star gazing evenings and features a 1 hour video show. The museums are imperative for preserving Oman’s rich cultural heritage for the benefit of future generations. Entrance fees are inexpensive if not free. Be sure to check opening times because times may vary.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Oman:If youʻre booking your trip to Oman last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Muscat: Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
- From Khasab: Fjords of Musandam Dhow Cruise & Buffet Lunch
- Khasab: Dolphin Watching Day Tour with Snorkeling & Lunch
- Salalah: Full-Day Dhofar Tour with Lunch
- Muscat Half-Day City Tour with Audio Guiding