Best Museums in Sur
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Oman team
Oman’s 5,000 year old history is well represented in Oman’s museums (found mostly around Muscat City) with everything from natural history, military history, maritime history, Islam, forts, stamps, currency, national dress, photography and science.
A planetarium forms part of the Oil and Gas exhibition in Qurum which organises star gazing evenings and features a 1 hour video show. The museums are imperative for preserving Oman’s rich cultural heritage for the benefit of future generations. Entrance fees are inexpensive if not free. Be sure to check opening times because times may vary.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Oman:If youʻre booking your trip to Oman last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Muscat: Nizwa & Al Hamra Guided Historical Tour
- Khasab: Khor Sham Half-Day Cruise with Snorkeling & Dolphins
- From Muscat: Wadi Shab & Bimmah Sinkhole Full-Day Tour
- Salalah: Full-Day Dhofar Tour with Lunch
- From Khasab: Fjords of Musandam Dhow Cruise & Buffet Lunch