Best Caves in Selma Plateau
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Oman team
Oman is home to what is thought to be the second largest cave system in the world. Some of the most dangerous and exhilarating cave exploration can be found in this area. For this, much of the exploration should be left to the professionals.
Majlis Al Jinn is part of the extensive caving network of the Al Hajar Mountains. The entrance into the cave begins from its roof with a 180m abseil. Some caves may be less physically demanding, but for any caver physical fitness is imperative as is taking the right equipment, medical supplies and water. An experienced guide is a necessity.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Oman:If youʻre booking your trip to Oman last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Muscat: Wadi Shab and Bimah Sinkhole Tour with Audio Guide
- Muscat: Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
- From Muscat: Wadi Shab & Bimmah Sinkhole Full-Day Tour
- Salalah: Full-Day Dhofar Tour with Lunch
- Khasab: Khor Sham Half-Day Cruise with Snorkeling & Dolphins