Best Oil and Gas in Oman
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Oman team
Is it true that petrol is cheaper than water in Oman? Possibly, but that’s not surprising when oil remains the largest contributor to Oman’s GDP, at around 40%. Oil was first discovered in Oman in 1962 and exported in 1967.
Oil reserves are estimated to last for another 20 years, at current production levels. As oil production in the country declines, the production ofLiquid Natural Gas (LNG) and a byproduct, Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) increases, with the government devoting considerable resources to exploration and production activities.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Oman:If youʻre booking your trip to Oman last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Muscat: Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
- From Khasab: Fjords of Musandam Dhow Cruise & Buffet Lunch
- Khasab: Dolphin Watching Day Tour with Snorkeling & Lunch
- Salalah: Full-Day Dhofar Tour with Lunch
- Muscat Half-Day City Tour with Audio Guiding